CAA Merit Scholarship (one time $250.00 amount)
Click HERE to download the 2016 CAA Merit Scholarship Form as a Word Doc.
Click HERE to download the 2015 CAA Merit Scholarship Form as a PDF
CALIFORNIA JUNIOR ANGUS ASSOCIATION
CAA MERIT SCHOLARSHIP
CALIFORNIA JUNIOR ANGUS ASSOCIATION Leaders Engaged in Angus Development (LEAD) Scholarship Form
LEAD will be held in Phoenix, AZ - August 4 thru 7, 2016
Click HERE to download the 2016 CAA LEAD Scholarship Form as a Word Doc.
Click HERE to download the 2016 CAA LEAD Scholarship Form as a PDF
CAA Merit Scholarship Guidelines
Click HERE to download the 2016 CAA Merit Scholarship Rules & Regulations
BOB AND PAT DEAN CALIFORNIA ANGUS ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP
You may apply for the CAA Merit Scholarship as well as the Bob and Pat Dean California Angus Association Scholarship.
Remember – the Bob and Pat Dean Scholarship must be filled out on the American Angus Auxiliary Scholarship form.
Qualifications and Deadlines:
Applicant must be a graduating high school senior or an enrolling college freshman.
Applicant must be in good standing with the California and National Junior Angus Assoc.
A personal interview may be requested. In the event an interview is desired, applicants will be contacted in order to arrange a meeting with the California Angus Association Scholarship Committee.
Applicant must enroll in a community college or four-year college or university in the fall of 2015.
The deadline for applications is April 20, 2015. The winners of the CAA Merit Scholarship will be notified by the first week of May.
The winners will be recognized at the California Junior Angus Association Field Day.
Applications must be off of disk provided and printed out in black ink.
Type font should be TIMES NEW ROMAN with font size of 10.
No additional information (except letters of recommendation) should be attached.
Send completed applications to Amanda Leo, California Angus Association Scholarship Committee Chairman, 606 Figmond Avenue, Snelling, CA 95369.
CAA Merit Scholarship Guidelines
- Applicant must have a high school GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (from teachers, 4-H or FFA advisors, or community leaders) must accompany application. Letters cannot be from family members.
- A $250.00 award will be made directly to the recipient.
- Application is available at www.californiaangus.com
Bob and Pat Dean California Angus Association Scholarship Guidelines
- This scholarship will be filled out on the American Angus Auxiliary Scholarship Application http://www.angusauxiliary.com/scholarships/index.html (the more you are able to fill out the better your chances of winning the scholarship and it will be easier to make corrections and send in by the due date).
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (from school officials, 4-H or FFA advisors, or community leaders) must accompany application. See American Angus Auxiliary Scholarship Directions for further details.
- Only one boy and one girl will be accepted on the national level (reminder: to be eligible at the national level you must have received your NJAA bronze and silver awards). In the event that only one gender is represented in California, two boys or two girls will receive the local money but only one will be chosen to apply for the national scholarship. This person will be decided by the committee and may be called upon for an interview.
- A $2000.00 award will be made to the recipient on a yearly basis of $500.00 for a maximum of four years as long as the recipient remains enrolled in school and meets the minimum GPA requirement of 2.5.
- Applicant must provide proof of enrollment each semester or quarter. This information should be sent to the California Angus Association Scholarship Committee Chairman.
- Applicant must follow the rules provided by the American Angus Auxiliary.
Click HERE to download the CAA Merit Scholarship Rules & Regulations